The TentBox Side Awning is the perfect way to complete your camping trip, it offers shelter from the rain and protects you from the sun.
Installing it only takes a few minutes and can be attached directly onto cross bars, raised roof rails, or the accessory rail on the TentBox Cargo.
Check out our installation video below, as well as our step-by-step written guide.
Installing your brackets
Universal Awning Brackets
The Universal Awning Brackets include:
The L-Brackets have 4 holes. The holes that you choose will depend on your setup.
You need to make sure that there is enough clearance between the edge of your cross bar and the Side Awning once installed.
Installing to cross bars
- Rest two rectangular plates on top of your cross bar.
- Drop two long bolts into your chosen holes on 2 of the L-plates, ensuring the short part of the L-plate is facing upwards and the thread of the bolts are facing down.
- Place the L-plates on top of the rectangular plates resting on your cross bar, with the bolts dropping through the holes on the rectangle plates to join all the parts together.
- To create the clamp, take two more rectangular plates and place them onto end of the bolts underneath your cross bar, parallel to the rectangular plates above the cross bar.
- Loosely thread the nuts onto the four bolts by hand to keep the configuration in place.
- Adjust the position of the configuration to ensure that there is enough clearance between the end of your cross bar and the short part of the L-plate that is facing upwards.
- Once you are happy with the position, you can tighten the nuts using a spanner until the bracket is securely clamped to your cross bar.
- Repeat this process on your other cross bar.
Installing to raised roof rails
- Drop two long bolts into your chosen holes on the L-plate, ensuring the short part of the L-plate is facing upwards and the thread of the bolts are facing down
- Rest the bracket on your roof rail and place one rectangular plate onto one of the bolts. Loosely thread one of the nuts onto this bolt by hand to hold the rectangular plate in place.
- Bring the rectangular plate underneath the roof rail and slot the other bolt into other hole on the plate. Loosely thread one of the nuts on by hand to hold the rectangular plate in place.
- You can then tighten the nuts until the bracket is securely clamped to your roof rail.
- Repeat this process for the three other L-plates, ensuring they are spread with equal distance along your roof rail to distribute the weight of the Side Awning evenly.
Cargo Awning Brackets
The Cargo Awning Brackets include:
There are two variations of the Cargo Awning Brackets: curved and angled. The type you need will depend on your version of the TentBox Cargo, and you can work this out by looking at the bottom shell to see if it looks curved or angled.
If you're having trouble working out which version you require, please send us a message with a photo of your Cargo and we would be happy to help
- Slide four bolts onto the bottom accessory rail on your TentBox Cargo and position them so there are two bolts on either end.
- Slot the two brackets onto the exposed bolts and slide them along the rail to get them into a good position. We recommend having them around 30cm from either end to ensure the weight of the Side Awning is distributed safely.
- Once you're happy with the position of the brackets, you can secure them using the nuts provided.
Attaching your Side Awning
- Slide 4 bolts into the two rails on the back of your Side Awning by bending the rubber cap out of the way.
- Slide the bolts along the rails so they match up with the position of whichever bracketing system you have installed.
- Using the help of another person, lift the side awning into place and slot the bolts into the holes on your brackets.
- Loosely thread the remaining nuts to these bolts by hand to keep the awning in place.
- Tighten the nuts fully using a spanner until your Side Awning is securely installed.
Setting up your Side Awning
- Unzip the cover.
- Roll the side awning out to its full length.
- Fold down the legs and adjust them to achieve the height you want for your set up.
- You can loosen the legs by twisting them, pull out to desired length then twist them into opposite position to lock into place.
- Swing out the arms and extend them to slot into the holes on the end of the side awning.
- Use the same twisting motion to tight these to their final position.
- Use the velcro straps to attach the fabric canopy to the extended arms.