We appreciate that a TentBox is a large investment, and the last thing anyone wants is the risk of someone stealing it. Rest assured, it is possible to get your TentBox insured in various ways, which we have detailed below:
Tent Camping Insurance
We’ve partnered up with Shield Total Insurance to offer you a TentBox specific insurance.
- Market value cover for loss or damage caused by accidental damage, fire, theft, vandalism, storm and flood to your TentBox, equipment, contents or personal effects (being used by you or your family)
- Agreed Value cover for TentBox within two years old at inception and purchased from a recognised UK source
- "Loss of use" cover: if your TentBox becomes unusable following an insured incident, we will contribute towards the reasonable costs of emergency overnight accommodation and the hire of a similar tent to enable you to continue your holiday up to £100 per day to a maximum of £500
- Driver illness/injury cover including repatriation to a maximum of £500
- Up to £5 Million public liability cover arising from the ownership or use of your TentBox
- Up to £10,000 personal accident cover
- European cover for up to 240 days
- UK based Client Service and Claims Teams
- Plus much more
You can find out more and get a quote here.
The Camping and Caravanning Club also offers a Tent Camping Insurance product, which they are able to apply to a TentBox. Call them on +44800 124 4633 for more information.
Adding crossbars and/or a roof rack to your vehicle is considered a modification, therefore, it is extremely important to inform your motor insurer that you are attaching permanent cross bars/a roof rack and a TentBox to your vehicle.
Contacting your vehicle insurance provider will give you all the information you need regarding whether or not a TentBox can be covered under your policy. We've found that insurers often cover roof boxes, so they may be able to cover a TentBox, which is a similar concept.
Another important tip is to contact your home insurance provider. The majority of home insurance policies cover items taken out of the home, e.g. your home insurance may cover your mobile phone or laptop. Therefore, your home insurance provider may be able to cover your TentBox, so it's definitely worth giving them a call.
If you are lucky enough to have a garage to store your vehicle and TentBox in, we would absolutely recommend doing this, as garages and car parts are often considered an attachment of your house for insurance purposes.
Different insurance providers have different policies and procedures. The best thing to do is call your individual provider for their advice.
Other Security Solutions
If you're finding it difficult to get your TentBox insured, check out our other security solutions.