Cooking up an adventure and an amazing spring giveaway with Bettina’s Kitchen!
TentBoxing is all about enjoying awesome times in the great outdoors with like-minded people who love a taste for adventure. Well, that’s exactly what we got when we hit the road and headed for the Chiltern Hills for a special campout with Bettina Campolucci Bordi, the culinary wellness guru that is Bettina’s Kitchen.
The really good news is that you’ve got a chance to experience it all too with our amazing Spring Giveaway that could win you loads of fantastic prizes.
Win a TentBox Lite and all this…
Up for grabs for just one lucky winner is an amazing TentBox Lite, our entry-level model that’s perfect for smaller cars, Bettina’s inspirational cookery book – ‘Celebrate: Plant Based Recipes for Every Occasion’ and a whole season of glorious vegetable boxes delivered to your door by Riverford Organic Farmers.
What happened when TentBox and Bettina’s Kitchen headed for the hills
We took a TentBox Lite, a Classic and a Jeep Renegade kindly supplied by our friends over at Jeep, some mouth-watering recipes and organic veg boxes from Riverford Organic Farmers. We stayed at Orchard View Farm, a camp and glamp site in Aylesbury in the heart of the Chilterns. We highly recommend it if you’re looking for fresh adventure inspo. Take a look at our campout film to see what we got up to!
A breakfast of champions
Bettina amazed the whole team with some epic wild cooking as she served the TentBox team up a brilliant outdoorsy breakfast of fresh sourdough loaded with seasonal vegetables and her trademark tasty extras. We’ve added the recipe ⇩ so you can make your own Veggie Shakshuka. If you want to see more of Bettina’s delicious recipes, head over to the Bettina’s Kitchen website.
Be in it to win it!
Entry to the TentBox Spring Giveaway is open to everyone, no purchase necessary – just visit @tentbox on Instagram for instructions on how to be in with a chance to win a TentBox, Bettina’s book and a whole season of Riverford organic vegetable boxes.
Bettina says: Think of this as the most epic outdoorsy breakfast! It’s filling, full of veg, easy to make and absolutely delish! It’s a breakfast that you can put on first thing and almost let it cook slow and low until you’re ready to inhale it on a piece of toast! Bettina used a variety of seasonal vegetables so choose yours depending on the season.
Ingredients (makes 6 toasts)
- Olive oil for frying
- 2 small yellow onions (diced)
- 2 cloves of garlic (sliced)
- 4 medium sized potatoes (diced very small so they cook quicker)
- A handful of green beans (chopped)
- 1/2 red pepper
- 6 mushrooms (torn)
- 1 can of tomato sauce (I used biona basil, tomato sauce)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Sourdough (slices)
- Riverford smoked hummus
- First off, get your fire started. Then, get a big pan on and get it nice and warm. While it’s getting hot, chop all your vegetables into small 1cm square pieces as that will make them cook quicker.
- Add a good amount of olive oil to your pan and start cooking the onions and potatoes as they’ll take the longest. Cook for a good 15 minutes until nice and soft, then add the rest of the vegetables along with the tomato sauce, salt and pepper to taste and let that bubble away for another 15 to 20 minutes. If it’s all getting a bit too thick in terms of consistency just add some hot boiling water.
- Try a potato to see if it’s cooked – that’s how you’ll know it’s ready. Add your toast to the BBQ and toast on both sides, help it along with a drizzle of olive oil.
- Now to serve. Get your piece of toast, add a big spoonful of the Veggie Shakshuka, a dollop of smoked hummus, a handful of watercress, coriander and some more olive oil to finish off! Absolute heaven on toast!